Please log in or register to access full posts
For those who view Contract Auction
Internet user privacy and confidentiality is extremely important to Contract Auction. Its reputation and integrity are directly related to how it serves its web customers
As a result great care is taken in protecting all private and financial information collected by Contract Auction.
Credit Card Information, Pay Pal Account Information, Bank Account Information, Real Name, Phone#, Address Information, Social Security/EIN information and other personal information:
The above information is gathered from either buyer or seller to facilitate payment into or from escrow accounts. All of this information is used for the website(s) and internal purposes only. It is not sold to any external companies.
* Social Security/EIN information is required to comply with IRS filing requirements. We will not issue payments to U.S. citizens without this />information.
* City, state and country information are posted publicly on the web site to allow buyer and sellers in similar locations and time-zones to more easily locate each other. If you feel uncomfortable having your name associated with a city, state and country, we recommend that you make use of the anonymous 'Screen Name' feature to protect your identity.
* If a Seller chooses to release contact information to buyers, this information will be provided to buyers as the Seller authorizes on the website.
* If two parties enter arbitration, the arbitrator will use each party's real First Name in addressing them, (unless a party instructs the arbitrator not to at the beginning of the arbitration).
*Once a buyer accepts a bid from a bidder, email address information is exchanged between the parties by the site. (but not beforehand) Other than the address information specified above, none of the other information is shared with the other party at any time in the bid request process by Contract Auction.
Additionally...no information will be divulged or sold to any 3rd parties without yourpermission. If a user signs up for an opt-in email list, they will always be given the opportunity to opt out of it at any time, using a link at the bottom of the email.
Email Address and Name Info
Contract Auction will not market or divulge your email and name information to 3rd parties without your permission.
Fraud Exception to Contact Information and Notification
All contact information policies in this privacy statement are overridden in this exception. If a site user attempts to commit fraud or actually commits fraud that would affect one or more other site users,then the site user does grant Contract Auction the right to:
1.Notify those other users of the attempted or actual fraud. 2.Provide those other users with the site user's real name(s), address(es), phone number(s), fax number(s), and/or email address(es).
Normal Viewing Information
As you visit the site, Contract Auction collects information which is specific to how you use the site. Contract Auction servers note details such as the server you are logged onto, the geographic location of the ISP you use,the type of browser you use, and your IP address. This information is obtained solely for the purpose of targeting ads and measuring a given ads effectiveness on behalf of Contract Auction clients and customers.
The Cookie Principle
3rd Party Measurement Services
Contract Auction works with several third parties that serve ads to this site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services of interest to you.
Often, they will employ a third-party measurement service other than Contract Auction for tracking the performance of an ad program. In these instances, Contract Auction has no control over the information collected by the third party, and may not be held responsible for the actions of the third party measurement service where collected information is concerned.
Third Party Cookies
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser.
At the request of any user, we will close out that user's account, disabling all future use of the account. However, we cannot delete information as we may be legally called upon by a 3rd party to report such information. Examples include (but are not limited to) an FBI investigation, an IRS audit of a user, or a credit card fraud investigation. Contract Auction fully cooperates and complies with all government and private regulatory agencies under the law, so if you have an issue with such use of your information, then you should not become a member of this site. Please do not ask us to delete such information.
Additional California Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) information
- You can update your personal information at any time by updating your profile via the website.
- Categories of personal information include financial/billing, contact information and miscellaneous information.
- The category of all third party providers fall under the category of advertisers.
- This policy is subject to update and change. Notification of substantial and material changes will be posted on the site 'news' section.
Any and all postings and/or transmissions done on Contract Auction's website can and are routinely monitored by staff for legal and terms of service violations. Contract Auction uses the best of its ability, utilizing state of the art techniques to protect all privacy related data from external and unauthorized party access. However no security sytem is 100% full-proof, so should sensitive data be compromised, Contract Auction will alert the affected parties immediately via email addresses as registered on the site. Due to the nature of security, Contract Auction or its parent Company Haehl INC. will not be held liable for any such security compromise, or any resulting loss or action resulting from such a compromise.